Thursday 25 June 2015

Poneloya, Nicaragua

June 23-24

Dave, Sahil, Aaron and I made the short journey to Las Peñitas, a very small beach town just outside of Leon, upon the recommendation that the Surfing Turtle hostel was the best hostel in all of Nicaragua. It is very secluded- getting there involved a bus, a boat and a walk. The hostel has a turtle hatchery...but of course it's the wrong time of year, so no turtles while we were there! 


We spent the afternoon playing an assortment of card games and a bit of beach volleyball. 


The sunset was pretty spectacular! 


When the stars came out they were equally spectacular! I don't think I've ever seen so many stars in the sky.


In the evening Sahil and Aaron returned to Leon and Dave and I headed to a 'beach party' at a nearby hostel. I say nearby...but getting there involved a ride on a horse & cart, a boat and then a half hour walk! Like I said, this place is secluded... We also stopped along the way to do a little skipping with some local kids on the street. Fun! The party was also great fun, but the ridiculous journey each way was what really made the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment